Sunday, June 28, 2009

They Need Us



Life has been crazy. I put two over-time weeks in at work. I haven't worked full time since before I was put on bed rest when I went into labor @ 26 weeks with my first baby. It was hard to leave the kids, even though they were with daddy. I feel I have to be there 24/7 to nurture, comfort, shelter, protect. It was a learning experience though. I learned I can leave them and they learned they are okay without me. But the best reward was coming home, knowing they missed me and that I am needed.

We went to the duck pond on one of my days off and had a picnic. I stopped to take a few pictures on our way out of the park and I paused to watch this momma duck gather her young underneath her. I felt connected to her, I know how it feels to just want to protect your children from the world, to fold my babies up in my wings and hold them close. She'll eventually teach them to fly and perhaps they'll live in a different pond, but for now- she is needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment