Thursday, May 28, 2009

This Is How I Roll


Is it extreme to say I love my stroller?  I mean, I know that material possessions shouldn't define our lives, but I don't know what I'd do without this stroller.  The benefit of living in the beautiful , temperate city of Santa Monica is that everything is in walking distance and the weather is usually perfect for walking.  I don't have a car of my own, which is probably a good thing- I couldn't imagine driving the 405 with my children in the car- so I walk a lot.  Having a double stroller was a must!  


There are so many brands out there that first I had to decide between the tandem (inline) or the side by side strollers.  Tandems just weren't for me- way too long and I feel like one kid gets jipped on their view. Next came function.  The stroller had to be comfortable for a toddler and safe for a newborn.  I needed a car seat attachment (preferably one that wasn't an extra $80 on top of the stroller price).  I had to have a big storage basket so that I could tote all the diapers, wipes, toys and changes of clothing along with my purse and sometimes groceries.  It also had to be easy for me to push as well as my husband.  There is about a foot difference in our heights, so an adjustable handle was key.  The most neccessary thing for me though- it fits through standard doors- I really can go anywhere with this stroller!!! 



And then came fashion.  OK, I felt a little vain wanting a "pretty" stroller- but if you read my post All Wrapped Up you will see my need for my world to be aesthetically pleasing.  Basically, all my choices were big, clunky, ugly strollers that would just be a joke to maneuver through town or sleek, futuristic NASA moon unit type strollers- so not me!  After months and months of searching (I found out I was pregnant @ 5 weeks, so I pretty much had a full 9 months to figure this out) I found my now most prized possession:





The canopies zip open in the back to pivot even further forward.  Asher loves this because he can reach his little arms out and give mommy high fives and hold my hand- such a lover.  I love it because no matter which angle the sun comes at us, the canopy can be moved to block the sun.  There are also large pockets on the back of the canopies that I can put my wallet and phone in for easy accessibility.  If I need more room in the storage basket I can put diaper bag stuff in the pockets as well- diapers, wipes and a change of clothes for both boys will fit.  If the seats are not fully reclined I can stuff a sweatshirt or jacket under the hood too. 





Gavan loves his stroller because he gets a front row seat to all of the action.  He can comfortably sleep when he's away from home.  He likes the padded lap and shoulder straps and the padded head rest.  

5 comments:

  1. sorry for the weird spacing and changing fonts- I was having formatting issues out of my control!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. figured out the formatting issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drooled over bumble rides when Gabey was younger, but I ended up gettin a Mountain Buggy (which I LOVED, but isn't quite as cute).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Baylee,

    Thank you for mentioning Bumbleride on your blog, we truly appreciate it!

    Best,

    Ryan
    Customer Care
    Bumbleride Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your review!!! i have a 7 month old and am pregnant again! They'll be about a year apart and i was looking for a good stroller and fell in love with this one! I was just nervous about ordering one because there arent any stores here that carry them! Thanks again! btw- your kiddos are adorable!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete